Excellent format compatibility.
MPEG-4 files are widely used because they combine video and sound in the same file. As a result, the files can be quickly and easily saved onto a PC and then uploaded onto blogs or social networking sites to share with friends and family.
Ideal for Mac and PC users.
The camcorder lets you record videos in the iFrame. With iFrame, the video in your camera is the same format you'll edit, so it's fast to import and edit with compatible video editing software. iFrame is based on standards, so it works with a number of applications ― such as iMovie.
- Shoot in iFrame mode.
- Data can be quickly transferred to a PC, with no need for data conversion.
- Data transferred from the camcorder can be directly edited with iMovie.
- Increases in volume due to the data conversion process are also suppressed after editing.
- Your images can be easily shared on the web and used for mobile enjoyment with any portable device.
You can make your camcorder wireless.
Eye-Fi™ Card Compatibility
By using the Eye-Fi™ card, you can save files recorded on a card to a PC of file-sharing site via a wireless network. You can direct transport the data to your device (smartphone, tablet etc.) without connecting another access point.
- The functions of the Eye-Fi™ card (including wireless transmission) are not guaranteed to work on this product. In the case of a malfunction of the card, please contact the card manufacturer.
- To use the Eye-Fi™ card, permission from the national or regional government is required. Do not use if you have not obtained permission. If you are unsure as to whether use is permitted, please check with card manufacturer.
- Install the software supplied with the Eye-Fi™ card in advance on your PC, and configure the Eye-Fi™ settings. (For settings methods etc., please read the card operating instructions or consult the card manufacturer)
Makes optimal settings automatically.
iA (Intelligent Auto)
This powerful function senses the shooting conditions and automatically makes the settings and activates functions that will deliver optimal results. iA does the bothersome settings for you and makes it easy to capture beautiful, well-focused images.
* The functions included in iA may not be applied when conditions do not call for them.
New Active Image Stabilizer
The correction angle has been tripled* for the New Active Image Stabilizer. Its effects extend to a variety of shooting styles, such as zooming and shooting while walking.
* Compared to the HX-WA20 / WA2.
Intelligent Scene Selector
The Intelligent Scene Selector function analyzes the shooting situation and automatically switches the camcorder to the suitable scene mode that will give you optimal results.
- This mode captures faces beautifully. With Soft Skin mode, complexions are automatically enhanced to make faces attractive.
- This mode is ideal for shooting wide landscapes and sweeping vistas, such as at the ocean or in the mountains. It balances the exposure over the entire frame to prevent brighter parts of the image, such as the sky, from being washed out or having blown highlights.
- The camcorder automatically uses this mode for scenes with particularly strong contrast, such as when you're shooting a spot lit area on a darkened stage. It captures the well-lit subject perfectly and prevents washed-out areas.
- In dim lighting, the camcorder automatically switches to a slower shutter speed so that images across the entire frame are bright and easy to see.
Face Detection automatically senses the ambient lighting and adjusts the exposure accordingly, so faces are bright and easy to see. The focus also prioritizes the faces, and skin tones are smoothed.
- The faces are darkened by backlighting, and slightly out of focus.
- The faces are bright and perfectly in focus.
Sharp focusing even up close.
Get as close as 1 cm when shooting small objects such as flowers or accessories. Enjoy creative shooting with high-resolution photos.
No more worries about whether your subject is centered.
Nine-point Auto Focus
The camcorder automatically focuses on your subject with its nine-point auto focus, even if it isn't located in the center of the frame. This prevents your shots from going out of focus.