The DMC-FH8/FH6(FS45/FS40) incorporates a 24-120mm LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMARIT lens with f/2.5 brightness. The f/2.5 lens is brighter by approx. 25% than the f/2.8 lens which is generally considered a bright lens. It allows the use of higher shutter speed but captures clear, sharp, blur-free images even in lower lighting situation.
The 24mm ultra wide-angle lens* – rare on a compact camera – gives you a wider range of composition possibilities with approx. 213% larger viewing space compared to that of 35mm camera. The super-high-quality LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMARIT lens minimizes distortion at the wide end.
* Converted to standard 35mm camera equivalent, at the wide-end.
Great lenses make great camerasLEICA DC lens
The iA Zoom (Intelligent Zoom) is an extensive zoom function using digital zoom, however, you can even draw the subject 2x closer than the original optical zoom with minimum deterioration of image quality thanks to the Intelligent Resolution technology. This means the 5x optical can virtually extend to 10x equivalent.
The MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) compensates for the blurring caused by hand-shake. Even slight hand-shake movement is accurately detected by a sampling frequency of 4,000 times per second, and compensated to produce sharp, clear images.
Macro Shots / Zoom Shots
Optical Image Stabilizer
In the iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode, the camera does all the work, leaving you free to compose your shot and capture the moment. You just press, aim and shoot. The detection and correction functions go to work to give you beautiful photos and videos* with maximum ease.
* Available with DMC-FH8(FS45) only. The applicable iA Mode functions vary with photos and videos.
The DMC-FH8(FS45) can record HD motion images (1,280 x 720 pixels) in MP4 format. A special, dedicated button lets you instantly start recording videos while shooting photos without having to make any extra settings.
In addition, a digital zoom is available in video recording.
The DMC-FH6(FS40) can record HD motion images (1,280 x 720 pixels) in Motion JPEG format.
* Recorded in the Motion JPEG.
The video is optimized for web view by file conversion.
• Motion pictures in [MP4] can be recorded continuously for up to 29 minutes 59 seconds. • Also, motion picture recorded continuously in [MP4] is up to 4 GB.
• Use a card with SD Speed Class* with "Class 4" or higher when recording videos.
• QuickTime Motion JPEG. • For Europe, motion images can be recorded continuously for up to 15 minutes. • In Motion Picture Mode, the length of recording time depends on the capacity of the SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card. (Up to the equivalent of 2 GB per motion-image recording.) • Use a card with SD Speed Class* with “Class 6” or higher when recording motion images.
* SD Speed Class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing.
• The length of recording time depends on the capacity of the SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card. • SDHC Memory Cards and SDXC Memory Cards can be used only in equipment that is compatible with their respective formats. • If the computer being used does not support SDXC Memory Cards, a message prompting you to format may appear. (Doing so will cause recorded images to be erased so do not choose to format.) If the card is not recognized, please refer to the below support site.
A preset setting function lets the camera automatically make the optimal settings to give you superb images with ease, or to provide you with a variety of artistic possibilities.
The Miniature Effect Mode in which the peripherals are defocused while saturation and contrast is emphasized to look the picture like a diorama.
* Recorded with the DMC-SZ7.
In Miniature Effect Mode, the video recorded is played back in 10x fast-forwarding making it more comical to watch*.
* Sound will not be recorded with Miniature Effect and approximately 1/10 of the time period is recorded. (If you record for 10 minutes, the resulting motion picture recording will be approximately 1 minute long)
The Panorama Shot Mode makes it is possible to shoot a horizontal / vertical panoramic image with consequent shots taken by overlaying the previous image.
The Beauty Retouch Mode makes it possible to virtually make-up the faces. The Aesthetic Retouch is like going to a beauty salon, and the Foundation and Make-up Retouch are like putting on make-up.
The Auto Retouch function adjusts contrast and brightness to give different impression to the photo with just a press of a button. Appropriate retouch is automatically applied depending on the image – if the image was shot too dark, it can be clear and bright to look it nicer with this function.
Sonic Speed AF: This gives the camera super high-speed response that helps to catch even the most fleeting photo opportunities.
Still Image Recording (FH8/FS45): It is possible to take still image while recording video simultaneously*.
* The picture size is fixed to 3.5-megapixel (16:9).
3.0-inch LCD (FH8/FS45) / 2.7-inch LCD (FH6/FS40): The large, 230K-dot high-resolution LCD serves as a small photo and video viewer, allowing you and friends to enjoy viewing images.
Intelligent LCD: The Intelligent LCD automatically adjusts the brightness in 11 steps according to shooting conditions.
4 Aspect Ratios: In addition to 4:3, 3:2, and 16:9, you can shoot with a 1:1 aspect ratio.
LUMIX Image Uploader: You can upload photos to Facebook™ and videos to YouTube™ with simple operation.
Battery Life: The energy-saving Venus Engine and the efficient, rechargeable lithium-ion battery lets you take approx. 260 shots (FH8/FS45) / 280 shots (FH6/FS40) on a single battery charge*. The DMC-FH8(FS45) compatible with USB power charging in addition to the conventional AC power supply.* Based on the CIPA standard.
Built-in Memory 70MB: The built-in memory provides extra memory when your memory card fills up.
PHOTOfunSTUDIO: The PHOTOfunSTUDIO smartly sorts your photos and movies into practical folders for quick, easy management.
• Availability of models, colors, product number (DMC-FH8 or DMC-FS45, DMC-FH6 or DMC-FS40), product design and optional accessories may differ depending on the country or region. Check the website of the Panasonic sales company in your country or region.
• SDXC Logo is a trademark of SD-3C,LLC.
• SDHC Memory Cards and SDXC Memory Cards can be used only in equipment that is compatible with their respective formats.
• If the computer being used does not support SDXC Memory Cards, a message prompting you to format may appear. (Doing so will cause recorded images to be erased so do not choose to format.) If the card is not recognized, please refer to the below support site.
• Leica is a registered trademark of Leica Microsystems IR GmbH. • SUMMARIT is a registered trademark of Leica Camera AG. • The Leica DC lenses are manufactured using measurement instruments and quality assurance systems that have been certified by Leica Camera AG based on the company's quality standards.
• YouTube is a registered trademark or trademark of Google Inc.
• Facebook is a registered trademark or trademark of Facebook, Inc.
• iPhoto, Mac, and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The Works with iPhoto logo is a trademark of Apple Inc.