Head on this page.
LUMIX Global TOP > COMPACT CAMERAS > FX90 > Shooting Functions
LUMIX Special Features
With this firmware update, following functions will be available:
・[Live View] Displaying live view image through the camera on the smartphone.
・[Live Control] Adjusting zoom magnification with the smartphone and releasing the shutter
・[Self-portrait Mode] Live view image will be mirror-reversed.
• The service may not be able to be used properly depending on the type of smartphone being used. For compatible devices, see the following support site.
http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/ (This Site is English only.)
• When downloading the application on a mobile network, high packet communication fees may be incurred depending on the details of your contract.
• Android and Google Play are trademarks or registered trademarks of Google Inc.
• iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
• App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
3D Photo Mode
The 3D Photo Mode* produces a 3D image in the camera. The image-processing method used by LUMIX records beautiful images with less distortion or visible image links.
*The picture size is fixed to 2-megapixel (16:9)
Take 20 panning shots and the camera selects the two most suitable images – one for the right eye and one for the left eye – to synthesize a 3D composite.
The 3D image can be played back on MPO-compatible equipment such as VIERA HDTVs and digital photo frames, or printed.
3D Image Viewer / VIERA Link
Photos or videos recorded in AVCHD on SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards are easy to view on a Panasonic VIERA TV. Simply insert the card into the VIERA Image Viewer (SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card slot) on VIERA TV or Blu-ray Disc™ players to playback your contents. Alternatively, you can use an optional HDMI micro cable to output images you took from the DMC-FX90 directly to the TV for VIERA Link. Control is possible using only the TV's remote control.
Especially, the pictures taken with the 3D Photo Mode via the 3D Image Viewer offering users a whole new exciting experience.
• The HDMI output function requires the optional RP-CHEU15-K HDMI micro cable. Please confirm that the TV you are connecting to has an HDMI input terminal compatible with the selected signal. Depending on the cable used, some functions may not be possible. Panasonic HDMI cables are highly recommended.
• AVCHD motion images recorded with AVCHD-compatible digital video cameras cannot be played on the DMC-FX90. • AVCHD motion images recorded onto an SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card or a DVD disc cannot be played on a device that does not support the AVCHD standard. • SDHC Memory Cards and SDXC Memory Cards can be used only in equipment that is compatible with their respective formats. • If the computer being used does not support SDXC Memory Cards, a message prompting you to format may appear. (Doing so will cause recorded images to be erased so do not choose to format.) If the card is not recognized, please refer to the support site.
• More detailed information is available on our support site.
Handheld Night Shot Mode
The Handheld Night Shot Mode generates a beautiful night scenery with illumination by multi-layering the images shot consecutively. Bright, glamorous night scenery can be recorded without using a tripod.
Scene Mode: A total of 27 Scene Modes such as Panorama Assist and High-speed Burst. Set the most appropriate parameter in wide-ranging situations.
Cosmetic Mode: The Cosmetic Mode allows to take portraits with favored skin color (soft skin, natural skin, summer look) and degree of transparency of skin detail (low, standard, high).
4 Aspect Ratios: In addition to 4:3, 3:2, and 16:9, you can shoot with a 1:1 aspect ratio. This unique square frame adds to your image expression possibilities.
• Availability of models, product design and optional accessories may differ depending on the country or region. Check the website of the Panasonic sales company in your country or region.
Return to Top