Head on this page.
LUMIX Global TOP > COMPACT CAMERAS > FZ60(FZ62) > Video
LUMIX Special Features
Full HD Video in AVCHD Format / MP4 Format
The DMC-FZ60(FZ62) is an advanced photographic tool for recording not only great photos but also beautiful full HD 1,920 x 1,080 videos in AVCHD (MPEG-4 / H.264) format*1 / MP4 format.
Learn more about AVCHD
A special, dedicated button lets you instantly start recording videos while shooting photos without having to make any extra settings.
Formats to Match Your Needs
AVCHD: Optimal for viewing on a VIERA TV or with Blu-ray Disc™ players.
MP4: Optimal for viewing or editing on a computer.
*1 Full HD (1,920 × 1,080) videos in AVCHD format are output by the image sensor at 30p (NTSC) / 25p (PAL), and recorded at 60i (NTSC) / 50i (PAL). *2 These are standard times taken at a temperature of 23°C (73.4°F) and a humidity of 50%RH. The time available for recording varies depending on the environment, the interval between recordings, and the manner of use. Actual recordable time is the time available for recording when repeating actions such as switching the power supply [ON]/[OFF], starting/stopping recording, zoom operation, etc.
• Motion pictures can be recorded continuously for up to 29 minutes 59 seconds in European PAL areas and some other areas. In other region, motion pictures in [MP4] can be recorded continuously for up to 29 minutes 59 seconds. • Also, motion picture recorded continuously in [MP4] is up to 4 GB. • The length of recording time depends on the capacity of the SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card. •Use a card with SD Speed Class* with "Class 4" or higher when recording videos. * SD Speed Class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing.
Incorporating a stereo zoom microphone, the videos also come with the high-quality stereo sound of Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator, to offer highly realistic sound to the video. Mechanical noise caused by a zooming operation is suppressed to improve the clearness.
• Dolby and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
24x Optical Zoom in Video Recording
The 24x optical zoom will capture highly natural expressions from people and animals, dynamic sports scenes and countless other situations, exactly as you see them.
Auto Wind Cut Function
The Wind Cut function is available to block out most of the noise from background wind automatically. This gives you higher quality sound when taking images on breezy days.
The Active Mode effectively suppresses blur in video recording especially at wide angle while walking or playing with your children. In addition, it's an optical system so there's no image degradation. It‘s especially good for active video shooting.
Creative Control and Photo Style
The Creative Control and Photo Style render highly unique expressions by matching the colors to your subject and surroundings. In Miniature Effect Mode, the video recorded is played back in 10x fast-forwarding making it more comical to watch*.
* Sound will not be recorded with Miniature Effect in Creative Control Mode and approximately 1/10 of the time period is recorded. (If you record for 10 minutes, the resulting motion picture recording will be approximately 1 minute long)
* The video is optimized for web view by file conversion.
Creative Video Mode
The Creative Video Mode lets you adjust the shutter speed and aperture any way you like when shooting videos.
iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode / Scene Mode: The camera makes the optimal settings automatically.
Still Image Recording: It is possible to take still image while recording video simultaneously*.
* The picture size is fixed to 3.5-megapixel (16:9).
Cut Animation: You can cut out a clear still image from a video in the camera thanks to the Intelligent Resolution technology.
Video Divide: You can divide a single video into two parts using only the camera.
Return to Top