The DMC-SZ3 boasts a powerful 10x optical zoom lens*. This gives you highly natural expressions from people and animals that you can't get close to. And its slim, stylish body can easily go wherever you go － for both everyday snapshots and traveling.
* 35mm camera equivalent: 25-250mm.
The 25mm ultra wide-angle lens* has about twice the shooting area as a standard 35mm lens. This enhances all kinds of shooting situations, like when you're photographing a group of people at an indoor party or shooting a large structure or sweeping landscape while traveling.
* Converted to standard 35mm camera equivalent, at the wide-end.
The Intelligent Zoom is an extensive zoom function using digital zoom with minimum deterioration of image quality thanks to the Intelligent Resolution technology. The 10x optical can virtually extend to 20x equivalent.
The MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) compensates for the blurring caused by hand-shake. Even slight hand-shake movement is accurately detected by a sampling frequency of 4,000 times per second, and compensated to produce sharp, clear images.
In the iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode, the camera does all the work, leaving you free to compose your shot and capture the moment. You just press, aim and shoot. The detection and correction functions go to work to give you beautiful photos with maximum ease.
The DMC-SZ3 boasts the quick start-up time. Together with the Sonic Speed AF, the DMC-SZ3 never misses the most fleeting shooting opportunities.
The DMC-SZ3 can record HD video in Motion JPEG format (1,280 x 720 pixels at 24 fps). Recording motion image can be started with a press of an independent motion picture button, which is extremely convenient for you to switch photo / video shooting instantly.
* The video is optimized for web view by file conversion.
• QuickTime Motion JPEG. • Some lens movement sounds may be recorded. • In Motion Picture Mode, the length of recording time depends on the capacity of the SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card. (Up to the equivalent of 2 GB per motion-image recording.) • [For Europe] Motion pictures can be recorded continuously for up to 15 minutes. Also, continuous recording exceeding 2GB is not possible. Remaining time for continuous recording is displayed on the screen. • [For other regions] Motion pictures can be recorded continuously up to 2 GB. The maximum available recording time for up to 2 GB only is displayed on the screen. • Use a card with SD Speed Class* with “Class 6” or higher when recording motion images. * SD speed class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing. • SDHC Memory Cards and SDXC Memory Cards can be used only in equipment that is compatible with their respective formats. • If the computer being used does not support SDXC Memory Cards, a message prompting you to format may appear. (Doing so will cause recorded images to be erased so do not choose to format.) If the card is not recognized, please refer to the below support site.
The DMC-SZ3 complies with USB power charging in addition to the conventional AC power supply. The energy-saving Venus Engine and the efficient, rechargeable lithium-ion battery let you take approx. 250 shots on a single battery charge*.
* Based on the CIPA standard.
• Availability of models, colors, product design and optional accessories may differ depending on the country or region. Check the website of the Panasonic sales company in your country or region.
• SDXC Logo is a trademark of SD-3C,LLC.
• SDHC Memory Cards and SDXC Memory Cards can be used only in equipment that is compatible with their respective formats.
• If the computer being used does not support SDXC Memory Cards, a message prompting you to format may appear. (Doing so will cause recorded images to be erased so do not choose to format.) If the card is not recognized, please refer to the below support site.
• Leica is a registered trademark of Leica Microsystems IR GmbH. • ELMAR is a registered trademark of Leica Camera AG. • The Leica DC lenses are manufactured using measurement instruments and quality assurance systems that have been certified by Leica Camera AG based on the company's quality standards.