Head on this page.
LUMIX Global TOP > COMPACT CAMERAS > SZ9 > Other Features
LUMIX Special Features
In the iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode, the camera does all the work, leaving you free to compose your shot and capture the moment. You just press, aim and shoot. The detection and correction functions go to work to give you beautiful photos and videos* with maximum ease.
* The applicable iA Mode functions vary with photos and videos.
Several still pictures consecutively shot at different exposure levels are overlaid to produce a single composite picture without whiteout (over-exposure) or blackout (under-exposure).
The Intelligent Handheld Night Shot generates a beautiful night scenery with illumination by multi-layering the images shot consecutively. Bright, glamorous night scenery can be recorded without using a tripod.
The DMC-SZ9 has a 3.0-inch 460K-dot LCD with a 100% field of view. LUMIX's acclaimed Intelligent LCD function also automatically adjusts the brightness in 11 steps according to shooting conditions. It lets you share the fun of viewing images with family and friends, too.
The DMC-SZ9 complies with USB power charging in addition to the conventional AC power supply. The energy-saving Venus Engine and the efficient, rechargeable lithium-ion battery let you take approx. 220 shots on a single battery charge*.
* Based on the CIPA standard.
Photos or videos recorded in AVCHD on the SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards are easy to view on a Panasonic VIERA TV. Simply insert the card into the SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card slot on VIERA TV or DIGA Blu-ray Disc™ player to playback your content. Alternatively, you can use an optional HDMI micro cable to output the photos and videos you took from the camera directly to the TV for VIERA Link. Most of the control is possible using only the TV's remote control.
The pictures taken with the 3D Photo Mode via the 3D VIERA TV offers you a whole new exciting experience.
• The HDMI output function requires the optional RP-CHEU15-K HDMI micro cable. Please confirm that the TV you are connecting to has an HDMI input terminal compatible with the selected signal. Depending on the cable used, some functions may not be possible. Panasonic HDMI cables are highly recommended.
• Videos and images with audio taken with the DMC-SZ9 may not always be able to be played back with cameras by other manufacturers. • AVCHD videos recorded with the image quality set to HD mode (1,280 × 720) cannot be played on AVCHD-compatible digital video cameras. • AVCHD videos recorded with AVCHD-compatible digital video cameras cannot be played on the DMC-SZ9. • AVCHD videos recorded onto an SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card or a DVD disc cannot be played on a device that does not support the AVCHD standard. • SDHC Memory Cards and SDXC Memory Cards can be used only in equipment that is compatible with their respective formats. • If the computer being used does not support SDXC Memory Cards, a message prompting you to format may appear. (Doing so will cause recorded images to be erased so do not choose to format.) If the card is not recognized, please refer to the support site.
• More detailed information is available on our support site.
LUMIX HD Networking
The PHOTOfunSTUDIO 9.0 AE makes it possible to sort and organize photos and videos not only of those newly taken but also of those stored in your computer with quick start-up and fast read-in of images.
You can also enjoy making photos and videos slideshows with a variety of effects and use your iTunes music library as background music. It is also possible to put a title or add comments on the scene utilizing the information from the people's names registered in Face Recognition.
Return to Top