With waterproof performance to a depth of 5m equivalent to the "IPX8" and "IP6X" standard, the DMC-TS20(FT20) supports active shooting on a beach, underwater or in a pool. If the camera gets dirty, soil and dust can be washed off by using water.
The DMC-TS20(FT20) is shockproof from a height up to 1.5m in accordance with the "MIL-STD 810F Method 516.5-Shock" test standard. It lets you shoot actively while moving around with the camera in one hand.
The DMC-TS20(FT20) is dustproof equivalent to the "IPX8" and "IP6X" standard. While hiking or playing sports, fine dust particles can enter through gaps in the camera body and cause malfunction. The DMC-TS20(FT20) can be used in these activities without problems.
With freezeproof to
-10 degrees C, the DMC-TS20(FT20) supports shooting while skiing, snowboarding or skating.
The DMC-TS20(FT20) has 4 active outdoor Scene Modes – Sports, Snow, Beach & Surf, and Underwater – that can be selected easily and quickly from the menu, ensuring that you don't miss sudden shooting opportunities.
Handling of the camera
• Waterproofing is not guaranteed if the unit is subject to an impact as a result of being hit or dropped etc. If an impact to the camera occurs, it should be inspected (subject to a fee) by a Panasonic’s Service Centre to verify that the waterproofing is still effective.
• When the camera is splashed with detergent, soap, hot spring, bath additive, sun oil, sun screen, chemical, etc., wipe it off immediately.
• Waterproof function of the camera is for sea water and fresh water only.
• Any malfunction caused by customer misuse, or mishandling will not be covered by the warranty.
• The inside of this unit is not waterproof. Water leakage will cause malfunction.
• Supplied accessories are not waterproof (excluding strap).
• Card and battery are not waterproof. Do not handle with a wet hand. Also, do not insert wet card or battery into the camera.
• Do not leave the camera for a long period of time in places where temperature is very low (at ski resorts or at high altitude etc.) or very high [above 40℃ (104 °F)], inside a car under strong sunlight, close to a heater, on the beach, etc. Waterproof performance may be degraded