* The picture aspect ratio will be fixed to 16:9.
- Images will be recorded with the set picture size and quality.
- Up to 8 still images can be recorded in video recording.
- The screen will go dark while recording images. A still image will be recorded in the video during that period, and audio is not recorded.
- Images will be recorded with a picture size of [S] (2M). The image quality may be different to [S] (2M) of standard images.
- Up to 30 still images can be recorded in video recording.
- Only JPEG images are recorded when quality is set to RAW+Fine, RAW+Standard or RAW. (When set to RAW, still images will be recorded in quality of Fine.)
*1 Approx. *2 Full HD (1,920 × 1,080) videos are output by the image sensor at 30p (NTSC) / 25p (PAL), and recorded at 60i (NTSC) / 50i (PAL). HD (1,280 × 720) videos are output by the image sensor at 30p (NTSC) / 25p (PAL), and recorded at 60p (NTSC) / 50p (PAL). *3 QuickTime Motion JPEG. Continuous recording exceeding 2GB is not possible when recording Motion JPEG. Remaining time for continuous recording is displayed on the screen. *4 These are standard times taken at a temperature of 23°C (73.4°F) and a humidity of 50%RH. The time available for recording varies depending on the environment, the interval between recordings, and the manner of use. Actual recordable time is the time available for recording when repeating actions such as switching the power supply [ON]/[OFF], starting/stopping recording, zoom operation, etc. *5 When using the LCD with LUMIX G VARIO 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. *6 When using the LCD with LUMIX G VARIO 45-200mm / F4.0-5.6 / MEGA O.I.S.
• Videos can be recorded continuously for up to 29 min 59 sec in European PAL areas. • The length of recording time depends on the capacity of the SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card. • Use a card with SD Speed Class* with "Class 4" or higher when recording videos in AVCHD. Also, use a card with SD Speed Class with "Class 6" or higher when recording videos in Motion JPEG. *SD Speed Class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing.
• Dolby and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
The Wind Cut function is available to block out most of the noise from background wind. This gives you higher quality sound when taking images on breezy days.
The Touch AF in video recording also lets you enjoy professional-like rack focusing. Just by pointing the subject, the focus is shifted to it and let it stand out to attract attention.
The DMC-G3, featuring full-area focusing, lets you enjoy a new dimension in video expression without requiring advanced shooting skills.
Touch the screen, and the DMC-G3 locks on and automatically "tracks" the subject as it moves, keeping on adjusting the focus settings for best results.
Gyrosensors detect hand-shaking and the O.I.S. lens shifts to compensate, helping prevent blurring caused by hand-shaking.
This mode not only detects any faces, it also lets you focus on parts as detailed as the subject's eyes by just touching the LCD.
The camera automatically selects any of the Scenery, Portrait, Macro, or Low Light Mode according to the situation to optimize various parameters for higher visual quality*2.
The Intelligent D-range Control offers natural looking by optimizing the exposure for each part of an image, preventing blocked shadows and blown highlights and helping ensure that gradation and details are reproduced beautifully including the blue color of the sky.
*1 Some functions in the iA Mode will not be available depending on the lens that is mounted.
*2 With some subject and shooting conditions, it is just not possible to judge the best shooting details. When this happens, it is recommended that you shoot with the Scene Mode that best suits your purpose.
Naturally, you want your videos to be unique. You can use the new Creative Control for shooting videos. It renders highly unique expressions by matching the colors to your subject and surroundings.
The Photo Style is also available in video recording.
*1 Not available in AVCHD FSH mode.
*2 Quick Time Motion JPEG.
*3 As digital magnification increases, resolution significantly decreases.
HD Lens is a high performance interchangeable lens that realizes high quality video recording. The lens excels in the performance of tracking focus in video recording while offering silent auto focus and exposure control.
- LUMIX G VARIO 7-14mm / F4.0 ASPH.*
- LUMIX G X VARIO 12-35mm / F2.8 ASPH. / POWER O.I.S.
- LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / POWER O.I.S.
- LUMIX G VARIO 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S.*
- LUMIX G VARIO 14-45mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S.*
- LUMIX G VARIO HD 14-140mm / F4.0-5.8 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S.
- LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 45-175mm / F4.0-5.6 ASPH. / POWER O.I.S.
- LUMIX G VARIO 45-200mm / F4.0-5.6 / MEGA O.I.S.*
- LUMIX G VARIO 100-300mm / F4.0-5.6 / MEGA O.I.S.*
- LUMIX G FISHEYE 8mm / F3.5*
- LUMIX G 14mm / F2.5 ASPH.*
You can divide a single video into two parts by using only the camera. This is handy for compiling memorable scenes, and deleting unwanted scenes to free up space on your memory card while you are traveling.
You can copy a number of frames during playback of an HD video to produce high-quality photos thanks to the Intelligent Resolution technology.
Motion JPEG: Optimal for viewing or editing on a computer.
• More detailed information is available on our support site.