Head on this page.
LUMIX Global TOP > DSLM CAMERAS > DMC-GH2 > Digital Networking with the 3D Image Viewer
LUMIX Special Features
Both still images and motion images in AVCHD recorded on SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards are easy to view on a Panasonic VIERA TV with dynamic HD resolution. You simply insert the card into the VIERA Image Viewer (SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card slot) on a VIERA TV or DIGA Blu-ray Disc™ Player to play the content. Alternatively, an optional mini HDMI cable can be used to output still and motion images recorded with the DMC-GH2 directly to the TV for easy VIERA Link operation. This makes it possible to take maximum advantage of the camera's playback functions, including slideshows in which both still and motion images are played sequentially, or calendar displays and so on. All control is possible using only the TV's remote control.
Especially, the pictures taken with the interchangeable 3D lens LUMIX G 12.5mm / F12 can be viewed in 3D via the 3D Image Viewer offering users a whole new exciting experience.
• The HDMI output function requires the optional RP-CDHM15/CDHM30 mini HDMI cable. The output resolution of the DMC-GH2 can be selected as 1,080i, 720p or 480p (576p in PAL system). Please confirm that the TV you are connecting to has an HDMI input terminal compatible with the selected signal. Depending on the cable used, some functions may not be possible. Panasonic HDMI cables are highly recommended.
• Motion images and images with audio taken with the DMC-GH2 may not always be able to be played back with cameras by other manufacturers. Playback may also not be possible with certain Panasonic digital cameras (LUMIX) launched before December 2008, and some cameras launched in 2009 (FS, LS Series). • AVCHD motion images recorded with the image quality set to SH/H mode (1,280 × 720) cannot be played on AVCHD-compatible digital video cameras. • AVCHD motion images recorded with AVCHD-compatible digital video cameras cannot be played on the DMC- GH2. • AVCHD motion images recorded onto an SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card or a DVD disc cannot be played on a device that does not support the AVCHD standard. • SDHC Memory Cards and SDXC Memory Cards can be used only in equipment that is compatible with their respective formats. • If the computer being used does not support SDXC Memory Cards, a message prompting you to format may appear. (Doing so will cause recorded images to be erased so do not choose to format.) If the card is not recognized, please refer to the support site.
• More detailed information is available on our support site.
The DMC-GH2 offers a wide variety of options to choose from to match your shooting situation and style, including filters, mount adaptors and external stereo microphones. The newly added DMW-ZL1 zoom lever enables light-touch zooming when shooting videos. In addition, stylish carrying bags and shoulder straps are available. These accessories let you further upgrade the system according to your shooting style and preference.
The PHOTOfunSTUDIO 6.0 BD Edition makes it possible to sort and organize photos not only of those newly taken but also of those stored in your computer with quick start-up and fast read-in of images. The Face Recognition function that recognizes the faces in the picture automatically sorts the photos by the registered faces without picking out each photo one by one when you only want pictures of a specific person. You can also enjoy slideshows with a variety of effects and use your iTunes music library as background music and burn it onto a Blu-ray Disc™ or DVD disc in MPEG2. Motion images can be uploaded directly to YouTube™.
• YouTube is a trademark of Google Inc.
The DMC-GH2 supports the USB 2.0 high-speed standard. In comparison with conventional full-speed data transfer at 12 Mbps, USB 2.0 high-speed transfers data at max. 480 Mbps. This is a highly practical speed for sending high-volume image data from the camera to a computer for viewing or storage.
Just press the Playback button on the camera back to switch the DMC-GH2 to playback mode. Now you're ready to enjoy crisp, clear images on the 3.0-inch, 460,000-dot LCD. Images are bright and easy to see, even outdoors on a sunny day. Along with the ordinary playback screen, there is a variety of information screens, such as a shooting information detail display, a histogram display, and highlight display. You can also mark images as favorites, and keep them protected not to accidentally delete.
Shooting information detail display
The DMC-GH2 can play a slideshow with music. Choose from 4 types of music: Natural, Slow, Swing and Urban. Then, select the transition effect to match your music. You can also use the optional RP-CDHM15/CDHM30 mini HDMI cable to connect the camera to an HDTV for breathtaking, large-screen viewing*. For musical slideshows created with the included PHOTOfunSTUDIO, you can choose your favorite iTunes music file as background music and burn it onto a DVD disc as an MPEG2 file. It is also possible to upload the slideshow to YouTube™.
* The output resolution of the DMC-GH2 can be selected as 1080i, 720p or 480p (576p in PAL system). Please confirm that the TV you are connecting to has an HDMI input terminal compatible with the selected signal.
• YouTube is a trademark of Google Inc.
When you press the Playback button, the last image you shot appears on the LCD. You can then use the cursor control to select other images to view. Using the rear dial, you can set the camera to display 12 images, 30 images or the Calendar at a time.
You can play back images from a total of 11 settings, including Face Recognition, which lets you search and retrieve specific subjects.
The Title Edit function in playback mode lets you edit the titles of any photos you want. The Baby Mode, Pet Mode and Face Recognition functions let you enter the date of birth and name of your subject in advance. You can also enter your destination and the date of travel in advance, in the Travel Date setting. The title, name, age based on the birth date, date of travel information, and date of shooting are displayed during playback, and can be printed on photos.*
* When date, name and title are stamped on a photo, the photo is automatically resized to 3-megapixel format, or the original size is maintained for photos smaller than 3-megapixel format. However, you can choose to save or overwrite the original image.
Title input screen
Title display screen
By setting the departure day, return day and destination of your trip with your LUMIX, you can display on which day of the trip each photo was taken while viewing.
This setting lets you display the local time of your destination when traveling. You simply select your travel destination, and the camera calculates the time difference from the time in the clock setting and displays the local time. You can set the time and date for 74 locations across the world.
This function detects and records whether the photo is being shot horizontally or vertically, then automatically rotates all vertically framed images during playback.
* Can be used only with the lenses which support the direction detection function.
This function makes it easy to resize still images (change the number of pixels). This is convenient when you want to post a photo on a website or blog, or attach it to an e-mail. With the included PHOTOfunSTUDIO 6.0 BD Edition, you can adjust image quality and size even more precisely.
Direct Print Function - PictBridge Compatible
The PictBridge standard lets you print directly on a compatible digital printer. Print size, layout, date and other settings can be made with the camera. Of course, you can also make multiple prints of an image, or print only the ones that you have selected.
Use the DPOF (Digital Print Order Format) function to designate which photos you want to print and how many copies of each you want, and then you can print them easily on a DPOF-compatible printer. You can also have the date printed on the photos.
The Cropping function makes it easy to trim off extraneous parts of still image along the edges. You can save the trimmed image separately from the original.
You can convert still image with a 16:9 aspect ratio to 4:3, 3:2 or 1:1.
• Availability of models and colors may differ depending on the country or region.
• Check the website of the Panasonic sales company in your country or region for details on the LUMIX models and optional accessories that are available in your market.
Return to Top