Head on this page.
LUMIX Global TOP > DSLM CAMERAS > DMC-GH3 > VIDEOGRAPHY: Shooting Functions
The Slow / Fast-Motion Mode in Creative Video Mode enables slow-motion (40% / 48% / 80%) and fast-motion (160% / 200% / 300%), all in full HD.
Select either of 4 manual video modes: Program AE / Aperture-Priority / Sutter-Priority / Manual Exposure. They will faithfully reflect your shooting intent, and give you a wide range of video images.
You can manually choose from 6 color types to get even more detailed image settings. In addition, the contrast, sharpness, saturation or noise reduction for each mode parameter can be customized in 11 steps.
Brightness, colors, red-green and blue-yellow of the LVF and the rear monitor can all be adjusted. This is handy because it lets you adjust them in advance, based on your computer display or other playback device.
Not only full-time AF, AF Tracking and Face Recognition AF are also available. The Touch AF in video recording also lets users enjoy professional-like rack focusing. Just by pointing the subject, the focus is shifted to it and let it stand out to attract attention. They bring the same great ease and comfort to your video work.
The sound of the zoom or button operation may be recorded when taking videos. In Silent Operation mode, the zoom*, aperture, shutter speed, exposure compensation, ISO sensitivity and mic level adjustments are all touch-controlled.
* When equipped with a power zoom lens.
You can enlarge the part by just a touch to select 1x, 4x, 5x or 10x and smoothly move the part by dragging it on the screen.
While shooting an HD video, simply press / touch the shutter button and the camera will shoot a photo with 12-megapixel high resolution as it continues to record your video*. This makes sure that you don't miss those decisive moments with either photos or videos, or both.
* The picture aspect ratio will be fixed to 16:9.
Still Picture Priorities
- Images will be recorded with the set picture size and quality.
- Up to 8 still images can be recorded in video recording.
- The screen will go dark while recording images. A still image will be recorded in the video during that period, and audio is not recorded.
- Images will be recorded with a picture size of [S] (2M). The image quality may be different to [S] (2M) of standard images.
- Up to 30 still images can be recorded in video recording.
- Only JPEG images are recorded when quality is set to RAW+Fine, RAW+Standard or RAW. (When set to RAW, still images will be recorded in quality of Fine.)
You can use the Creative Control for shooting videos. It renders highly unique expressions by matching the colors to your subject and surroundings. In Miniature Effect Mode, the recorded video is played back in 10x fast-forwarding making it more comical to watch*.
* Sound will not be recorded with Miniature Effect in Creative Control Mode and approximately 1/10 of the time period is recorded. (If you record for 10 minutes, the resulting motion picture recording will be approximately 1 minute long.)
The Extra Tele Conversion function virtually extends the zoom range when recording image not in the full-size. So you can take telephoto shots even with lenses that don't normally allow zooming. You can take 2x zoom shots in still image recording*1 and 2.4x / 3.6x / 4.8x zoom shots in video recording.
*1 When a picture size of [S], 4:3 aspect ratio is selected. The magnification level differs depending on picture size and aspect ratio setting.
*2 Not available at 60p (NTSC) / 50p (PAL) in AVCHD / MOV, 60i (NTSC) / 50i (PAL) in AVCHD, or 40 % / 48% slow-motion setting.
You can divide a single video into two parts using only the camera. This is handy for compiling memorable scenes, and deleting unwanted scenes to free up space on your memory card while you are traveling.
You can copy a number of frames during playback of an HD video to produce high-quality photos thanks to the Intelligent Resolution technology.
• Design of GUI (Graphic User Interface) is subject to change without notice.
Return to Top