The 2x optical zoom lens provides a wide throw range, and the image can be shifted ±65% vertically and ±26% horizontally. This outstanding level of setup flexibility lets you enjoy large-screen viewing in different-sized rooms. Position it on a table in front of you, suspend it from the ceiling, or place it on a bookshelf behind you.
Note: This illustration shows the projection distances for a 120-inch screen.
HDMI™ with x.v.Color™ and Deep Color
The PT-AR100/AH1000 has two HDMI input terminals for digital transmission without image degradation. The HDMI input terminals also support Deep Color and the x.v.Color color space of the 1.3 standard. Deep Color provides 10-bit (over 1.07 billion) and 12-bit (over 68.7 billion) color depths for smooth gradation between colors, while x.v.Color compliance reproduces natural, lifelike images.*
* Effective in Cinema 1 image mode.
Programmable 12V Trigger for Automated Theater Setup
Two 12V triggers are provided. Since the input and output can be set independently (menu selectable), they can link flexibly with powered screens, room lights and powered curtains.
The PT-AR100/AH1000 supports VIERA Link. If your home theater system contains VIERA Link-ready equipment, projection can be started by using only the remote control unit of the PT-AR100/AH1000, regardless of whether the source is a Blu-ray Disc or a TV program stored on an HD recorder. This eliminates the need for hassling with several remote controls.*
* Cannot be used simultaneously with a TV that supports VIERA Link. Some operations may not be available depending on the equipment. In this case, use its own remote control to operate the equipment.
A frequently used function can be assigned to the Function button located on the remote for instant recall.
A number of functions are provided to reduce power consumption. They adjust the brightness according to ambient light conditions, and reduce the lamp power when there is no signal input or the projector is in AV Mute mode. You can easily set the Eco Management functions according to operating conditions by using the ECO button on the remote control.
Advanced Panasonic digital circuitry intelligently determines the necessary power output of the lamp depending on the content being displayed by analyzing more than 3 billion different image patterns. This advanced analysis process reduces the main power consumption by as much as 10 percent when the Dynamic Iris Pro function is operating, thus saving energy.
Panasonic’s proprietary lamp drive system helps maintain lamp performance, resulting in a up to 3,000-hour lamp replacement cycle. For easy maintenance, you can replace the dust filter from the side and the lamp from the top of the projector. The filter and lamp are easily replaced even after the PT-AR100/AH1000 is installed on the ceiling.
* When lamp power is set to Eco. The lamp replacement cycle is up to 2,000 hours when the lamp power is set to Normal. The values above are maximum values when they are used in cycles of being turned on for 2 hours and off for 0.25 hour. When the lamps are turned on and off more frequently, the lamp replacement cycle is shortened. The usage environment affects the lamp replacement cycle.
• 16-bit (full 12-bit) gamma correction for natural gradation.
• Scene-adaptive MPEG noise reduction effectively blocks regular noise and minimizes mosquito noise.
• Scene-adaptive resizing LSI improves quality when resizing 480p images or those from other sources with resolution lower than the PT-AR100/AH1000’s native resolution.
• 24p compatible.
• Progressive cinema scan (3/2 pulldown) and HD IP.
• Up to sixteen sets of PICTURE adjustment settings can be stored in memory with custom names that make them easy to remember.
• User equalizing function lets you adjust the high, mid and low gamma levels.
• Screen Area Memory.
• User-friendly ergonomic remote control.
• Built-in test pattern.
• On-screen input guidance.
• Auto input search.
• Quiet operation: 29 dB (lamp power: Eco).
• Normal/Eco lamp power selection.