Main Contents begins from here.
Global Eco Projects
Environmental Sustainability Management across the World
In October 2007, Panasonic announced its ‘eco ideas’ Strategy that focused on accelerated implementation of global warming countermeasures and on globalization of environmental sustainability management. The Eco Project represented the first step in implementing this group-wide policy. In this project, each region sets out targets and concrete action plans to achieve these targets under the three categories: ‘eco ideas’ for Products; ‘eco ideas’ for Manufacturing; and ‘eco ideas’ for Everybody, Everywhere. Over the three years from fiscal 2008 to 2010, the three regions of China, Europe, and Asia Pacific announced their commitment to the regional ‘eco ideas’ Declarations. Active efforts towards attaining the respective targets in each region generated remarkable results.
The midterm management plan GT12, which started in fiscal 2011, evolved this initiative into a higher stage, where activities focus on two areas-‘eco ideas’ for Lifestyles and ‘eco ideas’ for Business-styles-based on a vision looking towards the 100th anniversary of our founding. Each region continues to work on spreading the use of eco products, reductions in the environmental impact from business activities, and collaboration with local communities. Further, each of the regions has set up an index with regard to the expansion of eco product sales to realize an integration of our environmental contributions and business growth. In fiscal 2011, the Latin America, Middle East & Africa, Russia, and North America regions announced their ‘eco ideas’ Declarations for the first time, and the Europe and Asia Pacific regions announced new Declarations following their original ones from fiscal 2008 to 2010. Further, the Asia Pacific region renewed a part of their targets in fiscal 2012. Taiwan also announced its first ‘eco ideas’ Declaration and joined our activities that now span the world.
New ‘eco ideas’ Declarations in fiscal 2012
Announced Asia Pacific ‘eco ideas’ Declaration 2011
In May 2011, Panasonic Asia Pacific announced Asia Pacific ‘eco ideas’ Declaration 2011 in Singapore. The Declaration reported the progress towards the targets set out in the Asia Pacific ‘eco ideas’ Declaration 2010, announced in June 2010. The region is making steady progress in eco products sales expansion and in the size of its contribution in reducing CO2 emissions.
We will further expand our contributions to the environment through the expansion of the comprehensive environment and energy system solutions business, with the aim to become the No. 1 Green Innovation Company in the Asia Pacific region.
Announcement of the Declaration
Targets of Asia Pacific ‘eco ideas’ Declaration 2011 and results in fiscal 2012
|Items||Fiscal 2013 target||Fiscal 2012 progress|
|‘eco ideas’ for Lifestyles||(1) Increase the sales percentage contributed by eco products to 80%
(2) Further promote Eco Learning Program (target participants: 200,000 youths by March 2013)
(3) Expand the comprehensive environment and energy solutions business in Asia Pacific targeting houses, stores, and communities through the combined efforts of the new Panasonic Group (sales target: 160 billion yen or 2 billion US dollars in fiscal 2019)
|(1) Increased to 70%
(2) Reached out to more than 110 thousand youths
(3) Commenced Asia’s first total energy solutions test bed project in Singapore Punggol Eco Town
|‘eco ideas’ for Business-styles||(1) Reduce CO2 emissions by 600,000 tons in production activities (compared with the case without improvement after fiscal 2006 level)
(2) Establish one ‘eco ideas’ Factory in each country. Increasing the number of ‘eco ideas’ Factories to seven by developing 3 more model ‘eco ideas’ Factories in Asia Pacific (India, Vietnam and Philippines) by 2013 to engage and educate the community,
(3) Organize an Asia Pacific ‘eco ideas’ Forum in the Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW) 2011
|(1) Achieved 560 thousand tons
(2) Reinforced environmental initiatives at ‘eco ideas’ Factories in Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, and Indonesia
(3) Held in November 2011 in Singapore
- *1 An ‘eco ideas’ Factory is a model factory which lives in harmony with local communities and stakeholders, as well as embodies Panasonic’s environmental strategy with two ‘eco ideas’ initiatives.
Announced Taiwan ‘eco ideas’ Declaration
In October 2011, nine Panasonic group companies in Taiwan announced the Taiwan ‘eco ideas’ Declaration in Taipei City. The companies aim to increase the sales ratio of products with ECONAVI functionality and to achieve the size of contribution in reducing CO2 emissions from product use amounting to 400,000 tons. The companies are also contributing in realizing the environmental policy of the Taiwanese government and the reduction of environmental impacts by reducing CO2 emissions from production activities, increasing the waste recycling rate, and social contribution activities by employees.
In recognition of its vigorous activities, for three consecutive years Panasonic has been selected as one of the ten eco brands in the sole environmental-related brand survey conducted in Taiwan. In March 2012, Panasonic received the Super Green Brand Grand Award.
Presenting the Declaration to a government representative
Details of Taiwan ‘eco ideas’ Declaration
|Items||Targets for fiscal 2016|
|‘eco ideas’ for Lifestyles||
|‘eco ideas’ for Business-styles||
Banner area begins from here.
Sub Menu begins from here.