Main Contents begins from here.
Overview of Recycling of Specified Home Appliances (Japan)
This is the sum total recycled by Panasonic Corporation during fiscal 2012 (from April 1, 2011 to March 31, 2012) in accordance with the Law for Recycling of Specified Kinds of Home Appliances.
Overview of recycled four end-of-life products
|Collected units at designated collection points [1,000 units]||363||1,658||71||556||678|
|Treated units for recycling and others [1,000 units]||378||2,297||77||557||676|
|Treated amount for recycling and others [tons]||16,166||64,398||1,253||35,692||24,077|
|Weight of recycled units [tons]||13,940||52,053||974||27,967||19,888|
|Recycling rate [%]||86||80||77||78||82|
- Note: "Treated units for recycling" and "Treated amount for recycling" refer to the total (volume and weight) of waste electric appliances that have been treated for recycling in fiscal 2012.
- "Collected units at designated collection points" and "Treated units for recycling" do not include units in case the manufacturer responsible for recycling, etc. has not been identified due to inputting error in manifests and for other reasons.
Overview of the recycled parts and materials
Total weight of the recycled parts and materials which are transferable to those who use it as parts or materials of product for a fee or free of charge.
|Mixture including ferrous or non-ferrous materials||4,897||818||17||3,521||2,712|
|Other valuable materials||1,419||12,937||419||7,923||5,595|
- Note: "Other valuable materials" are plastics, etc.
Breakdown of recycled materials by specified home appliance
Weights of collected, shipped, and destroyed refrigerant fluorocarbons
|Weight of collected refrigerant fluorocarbons||231,986||53,031||818|
|Weight of refrigerant fluorocarbons shipped to consigned destroying companies||229,082||52,176||805|
|Weight of destroyed refrigerant fluorocarbons||227,977||51,596||786|
Weights of liquified and collected, shipped, and destroyed fluorocarbons from insulation materials
|Weight of fluorocarbons liquefied and collected from insulation materials||103,220|
|Weight of fluorocarbons shipped to consigned destroying companies after liquefied and collected from insulation materials||101,118|
|Weight of destroyed fluorocarbons after liquefied and collected from insulation materials||96,869|
- Note: Difference between weight of shipped fluorocarbons and weight of collected fluorocarbons is backlog.
- Weight of shipped fluorocarbons and weight of destroyed fluorocarbons partly include weight of fiscal 2011.
- Difference between weight of shipped fluorocarbons and weight of destroyed fluorocarbons is due to time-lag of destruction reporting.
Banner area begins from here.
Sub Menu begins from here.