Main Contents begins from here.
‘eco ideas’ Factory in Pilsen
Panasonic has announced that the plant of Panasonic AVC Networks Czech (PAVCCZ) in Plzen, Czech Republic, has become the first ‘eco ideas’ Factory *1) in Europe on June 10 2009.
On the same day, the Plzen plant hosts the ‘eco ides’ Factory event in Pilsen and invites executive officers of the Czech government, a mayor of Pilsen city and representatives of local environmental NGOs. By collaborating with local communities such as governments and NGOs, Panasonic aims for establishing a factory which is open to the general public and is in harmony with local communities.
- *1) The ‘eco ideas’ Factory is a model factory which embodies Panasonic ‘eco ideas’ Strategy, which is aiming for going beyond stakeholders expectation in all of its business activities with three key initiatives, such as ‘eco ideas’ for Products, ‘eco ideas’ for Manufacturing and ‘eco ideas’ for Everybody, Everywhere.
In October 2008, Panasonic Europe announced its mid- and long-term environmental sustainability management targets in Europe ‘eco ideas’ Strategy, and since then, the company has been accelerating environmental initiatives to achieve the numerical targets declared in the strategy. The ‘eco ideas’ Factory is promoted as part of its activities.
PAVCCZ started operation as a TV plant in Europe in March 1996 and has produced more than 100 million televisions to date. It will play a crucial role in achieving Panasonic's group-wide carbon dioxide reduction target as well as contribute to the environmental development of the city of Plzen and its region.(Last Update: Jun 11, 2009)
Corporate advertisement published in Czech newspaper on Jun 5, 2009
Concrete initiatives in PAVCCZ
‘eco ideas’ for Products
- Producing TVs with Panasonic's original NeoPDP panels, which realizes significant power saving performance.
- Producing the LCD with IPSαPanel which realizes significant reduction energy loss with high transmittance.
- Producing TVs with non specific hazardous substances
- Reducing environmental impacts by improving forms and material efficiency of packaging while ensuring products’ quality during transportation.
‘eco ideas’ for Manufacturing
- Achieved a three-year CO2 reduction target, which is reduction by more than 10% in FY 2009, by renovating energy management systems to maintain temperature and heat use in a factory as well as improving production processes and further accelerate visualization of energy loss and reduce more CO2 emissions.
- Promoting the 3R initiative and minimizing an amount of wastes by reduction of product components and materials by changing the materials used.
‘eco ideas’ for Everybody, Everywhere
- Participating in Plzen city’s eco projects for proper treatment of illegal waste and revitalisation of green parks, the plant will tackle the improvement of local environment.
- Jointly with environmental NGOs, the plant will undertake 3000 tree planting.
- Promoting environmental education to invite students and children at nearby schools through a factory tour in order to help enhancing the environmental consciousness of them.
Outline of PAVCCZ
- Co. Name:
- Panasonic AVC Networks Czech, s.r.o.
- Established/ Production start:
- March 1996/ April 1997
- Pilsen City in the Czech Republic
- Subject of business:
- Production of PDP, LCD TV
1997 : CRT 14” TV Production start.
1999 : foundation of Research & Development department. Completed first million TV production.
2004 : PDP/LCD Production start.
2006 : CRT Production End, achievement of 10th million TV set production.
Banner area begins from here.
Sub Menu begins from here.