Main Contents begins from here.
Fiscal 2010 Super Green Products (GP)
Panasonic Group evaluates its products based on a uniquely set criteria that determines the impact level of a product on the environment, and certifies “Super GP” to products in particular that have made dramatic progress in environmental performance and create a new trend for actualization of a sustainable society.
Household fuel cell cogeneration system (ENE FARM)
A fuel cell is an equipment that generates electricity using an electrochemical reaction between hydrogen drawn from city gas and oxygen in the air, while at the same time heats water with the heat generated during the reaction. It is a system that combines both high electricity generation efficiency and energy efficiency.
FC unit: FC-109R13T Hot water storage unit: FC-W20D9R13T
Points for certification
- Annually reduces approx. 1.5 tons* of CO2 in a stand-alone house for a family of four
- Started the world’s first general sales from city gas companies in May 2009; shipped 2,100 units by February 2010
- * Compared to electricity supply from a power station and heat supply from a water heater using city gas (Panasonic estimate)
CO2 conversion factor:
Gas: 2.29 kg-CO2/m³ Electricity: 0.69 kg-CO2/kWh (Based on the factor of CO2 emissions by thermal power plants specified in a 2007 reference issued by the New Energy Foundation)
- High durability stack (heart of the electricity generation)
Ensured a durability of 10 years with the assumption of use as household equipment
- Integrated fuel processor (drawing hydrogen from city gas)
Widened the stable operation range by a compact and high-efficient integrated fuel processor
- Improvement of electricity generation efficiency by using a low-loss inverter
Banner area begins from here.
Sub Menu begins from here.