Main Contents begins from here.
Environmental Impact of Our Business Operation
Overview of Environmental Impact from Business Operation
In order to mainly manufacture and market electrical and electronic products, Panasonic consumes petroleum and electricity as energy sources and resources as raw materials of parts and components. As a result, we emit CO2 and wastes to the environment. This diagram maps the environmental impact from our business operation from a procurement stage to recycling activities.
Production: 328 manufacturing sites
Logistics: Logistics stage of procurement, production, marketing and waste by partner companies and Panasonic.
Product use: Lifetime power consumption (a) of major products*8 with large amounts of energy use and CO2 emissions (b) associated therewith.
a = Annual power consumption of a model sold*9 x Sales quantity x product life*10
b = Annual power consumption of a model sold*9 x Sales quantity x product life*10 x CO2 emission factor*11
Recycling: Recycling of products means to use by oneself or to make into a state available for sale or free of charge the components and materials of a separated product.
- *1 Figures from photovoltaic and biomass sources. Heat pumps not included.
- *2 Overseas sites of former SANYO Electric not included. Object substances are based on the Panasonic Chemical Substances Management Rank Guidelines (Version 4), including the substances in the Pollutant Release and Transfer Registers.
- *3 Release amount: Includes emission to air, public water areas, and soil. Transfer amount: Includes transfer as waste and discharge into the sewage system. Recycling that is free of charge or recycling where Panasonic pays a fee for treatment under the Waste Management Law is included in “Transfer.” (Different from the transferred amount reported under the PRTR Law.)
- *4 Intra-region outside Japan not included. Former SANYO Electric not included in international transportation. The area and products surveyed in international transportation have been expanded since fiscal 2012.
- *5 Figures for Japan.
- *6 Former SANYO Electric is not included in the intra-region outside of Japan and international transportation. The area and products surveyed in international transportation have been expanded since fiscal 2012.
- *7 Air conditioners, TVs, refrigerators/freezers, washing machines/clothes dryers, and PCs.
- *8 Household air conditioners, commercial air conditioners, household fluorescent/silica lamps, LED lamps, refrigerators, EcoCute, LCD TVs, plasma TVs, IH cooking heaters, dish washer and dryers, bathroom ventilator-driers, dehumidifiers, extractor fans, washing/drying machines, fully-automatic washing machines, electronic rice cookers, microwave ovens, warm-water bidets, irons, hair dryers, air purifiers, under-rug heaters, vacuum cleaners, BD recorders, electric thermal pots, clothes dryers, extractor hoods, cooling fans, household facsimiles, telephones, etc.
- *9 For each product category, the model that was sold in the largest quantity in the region was selected.
- *10 Number of years during which spare parts for the product are available (defined by Panasonic).
- *11 Regional CO2 emission factors (kg-CO2/kWh) used: 0.410 (Japan); 0.487 (Europe); 0.579 (North America); 0.740 (China); 0.927 (India); 0.527 (Asia Pacific, Northeast Asia); 0.332 (Latin America); 0.327 (other regions).
Banner area begins from here.
Sub Menu begins from here.