Main Contents begins from here.
For environmental sustainability management
Panasonic globally collects data on its environmental conservation costs and economic benefits obtained through its environmental activities in relation to generated/controlled environmental impact. This data is internally utilized as basic information for our continuing environmental sustainability management.
|Classification by the Ministry of the Environment of Japan||Investments*1||Expenses*1*2||Economic benefit|
|Global environmental conservation||5,652||1,661||4,835|
|Upstream and downstream||696||3,136||2,596|
- *1 Where an entire amount of investment and expenses cannot be regarded as environmental conservation costs alone, the difference or appropriate portions (divided proportionally) are calculated.
- *2 Expenses include a cost of capital investment depreciation.
Environmental conservation benefits for fiscal 2012 (in physical terms)
|Categories||Emission reduction||Reference indicator: environmental impact|
|Fiscal 2011||Fiscal 2012|
|CO2 emissions from the use of our products||6 million tons||91 million tons||85 million tons|
|CO2 emissions from production activities||0.44 million tons||4 million tons||3.56 million tons|
|GHG emissions (other than CO2)||0.02 million tons||0.14 million tons||0.12 million tons|
|Human Environmental Impact*3||53,000
|Final disposal of waste||8,100 tons||13,100 tons||5,000 tons|
|Water consumption||7 million m3||60 million m3||53 million m3|
|CO2 emissions from transportation activities*4||−0.19 million tons*5||0.87 million tons||1.06 million tons|
- *3 Overseas sites of former SANYO Electric not included. Difinition of the Human Environmental Impact.
- *4 Former SANYO Electric is not included in the intra-region outside of Japan and international transportation.
- *5 The area and products surveyed in international transportation have been expanded since fiscal 2012.
Economic effects for customers for fiscal 2012
|Electricity cost reduction from product usage (global)|
|Reduced amount of electricity*6||70 billion kWh|
|Reduced electricity costs*7||980 billion yen|
- *6 Calculated under the same conditions as when determining the size of contribution in reducing CO2 emissions through energy-saving products.
- *7 Electricity costs were set for each region based on IEA Statistics.
Banner area begins from here.
Sub Menu begins from here.