Main Contents begins from here.
Relevant Press Releases
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Media Contacts: Yasuhiro Fukagawa, International PR, Tokyo (Tel: 03-3578-1237, Fax: 03-5472-7608)
Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. (NYSE and PCX: MC), best known for its "Panasonic" and "National" brand products, today announced that it has purchased a portion of its own shares from the market in conformity with provisions of Article 210 of the Japanese Commercial Code.
Details of the share repurchase are as follows:
1. Class of shares: Common stock
2. Period of purchase: Between December 20, 2002 and January 21, 2003
3. Aggregate purchase amount: 22,673,831,000 yen
4. Aggregate number of shares purchased: 19,000,000 shares
5. Method of purchase: Shares were purchased on the Tokyo Stock Exchange
|1)||The following are the resolutions that were approved at the ordinary
general meeting of shareholders held on June 27, 2002:
|2)||Cumulative total of shares repurchased through January 21, 2003: