Main Contents begins from here.
Configuring your Network Camera on a Wired Network
For wireless compatible Network Camera (KX-HCM250 or KX-HCM270) users.
Because of the number of variables involved in configuring a wireless-compatible Network Camera for wireless communication, you may wish to configure your Network Camera for wired (Ethernet) mode before wireless mode. This way you can verify that network settings (IP address, port number, etc.) are correct and your camera is accessible, before configuring for wireless mode.
If you're using a Panasonic KX-HGW600 Camera Management System, the unit's Automatic Setup function configures your Network Camera(s) automatically. No network setup is required. If you're use a typical broadband router, configure it as explained below.
This sample configuration is for the following LAN environment.
- Network Camera: --- KX-HCM230
- Default Gateway: --- 192.168.0.254*
- LAN subnet mask: --- 255.255.255.0*
- PC (Microsoft® Windows® XP) IP address: --- 192.168.0.10
- Network Camera IP address: --- 192.168.0.100
- Network Camera Port number: --- 8000
- DNS server address 1: --- ddd.aaa.bbb.ccc**
- DNS server address 2: --- eee.aaa.bbb.ccc**
- Will register for Viewnetcam service? Yes
- E-mail address (address you provided when registering Viewnetcam service): --- email@example.com
- *Confirm these addresses on the router setup page. When using the KX-HGW600, confirm these addresses on the Optional Setup window. For specific instructions, follow the directions provided by the manufacturer of your router.
- **Confirm these addresses with the information supplied by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This information may also be confirmed on your router's setup page.
The following screen shots are taken from Microsoft® Windows® XP. Your screen may look different from these screen shots depending on the operating system used.
The KX-HGW600 contains a 4-port Ethernet switching hub. Your PC and Network Camera(s) can be connected directly to it.
- Connect the Network Camera
AC adapter and an Ethernet cable to the Network Camera. Connect the Ethernet cable to a switching hub or the KX-HGW600.
- Connect the PC
Connect the PC to the Ethernet switching hub or the KX-HGW600.
Power up the devices in the following order: Ethernet switching hub, KX-HGW600, PC, and finally the Network Camera.
- Insert the Network Camera's Setup CD
Insert the Network Camera's Setup CD into the PC's CD-ROM drive. The following window appears.
If this window does not appear, find and launch "Setup.exe" on the Setup CD. "Setup.exe" is located on the top level of the Setup CD. The window shown above should now appear.
- Open the Network Camera's "Network Settings" window
The Network Camera List window appears.
The Network Camera List window appears. The setup utility should find all Network Cameras connected to the network. Each camera's MAC address and IP address will be displayed, as shown below.
That a Network Camera can only be found on the network by the setup utility within the 20 minutes after the camera is turned on.
- Select a Network Camera
Select the Network Camera you wish to configure from the list and click [Select].
The configuration window appears.
- Enter each network parameter
Enter data for each network parameter in the configuration window.
- Port No.: --- 8000
- IP address: --- 192.168.0.100
- Subnet mask: --- 255.255.255.0
- Router's LAN side IP address : --- 192.168.0.254
- DNS server address 1: --- ddd.aaa.bbb.ccc
- DNS server address 2: --- eee.aaa.bbb.ccc
- DDNS enable: --- Check*
- Your e-mail address: --- firstname.lastname@example.org
DDNS enable and an e-mail address are required for Viewnetcam.com registration.
The e-mail address entered here will be used to receive detailed registration information regarding the Viewnetcam.com service.
- *The following window appears after checking [DDNS enable].
- Click [OK] to continue.
- To use Viewnetcam service, you need to register on the Internet after registering Viewnetcam service. For more information, see the Viewnetcam.com service page.
- Save the new settings
Click [Save] to send the new settings to the Network Camera.
The following window appears.
The following message appears when the setup is completely finished.
The following window appears.
- Verify Network Camera activity
Click "Top Page" or Setup Page (Network) to access your Network Camera(s) and verify that the settings entered above are correct.
If the camera's Top Page or the Setup Page (Network) page appears, the Network Camera has been configured correctly.
If you click "Top Page", the following window will appear.
The network setup is finished when the Top Page or Setup Page(Network) appears.
When using KX-HCM270 by the wireless communication, click [Setup Page (Network)] and set up the wireless network parameters in the wired communication with Ethernet cable.
- Remove the Setup CD
Close all dialog boxes and remove the Setup CD.
- Viewing Network Camera images over the Internet Your router must be configured for Port Forwarding. Consult the manufacturer's documentation for more information.
- Using the KX-HCM270 in wireless mode Click [Setup Page (Network)] and configure the wireless network parameters while the Network Camera is connected to the network via the Ethernet cable.
- Microsoft and Windows XP are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Banner area begins from here.
Sub Menu begins from here.